Sunblock: La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ | Review

By Saturday, January 10, 2015 , ,

La Roche Posay Anthelios XL Ultra-light SPF50+

Terrible, terrible long name for a sunblock. One thing I never miss in the morning is my SPF. We all know that it can prevent premature aging, in fact I knew this for years but I never thought about trying a higher SPF than 15-20. Big mistake because that kind of SPF is too low to protect anything. What made me buy LRP Anthelios XL were two things: big SPF and my relationship with LRP products. At first I was going to buy the mineral version, but of course you can never find exactly what you're looking for, so I ended up with this one instead because I needed a high SPF and couldn't bare to go out without it. So I bought the fluid version, which is more like a lotion. Although it's color is white, it doesn't leave a white cast on the skin which I like.This is a fragrance-free, paraben free, non-comedogenic and water resistant product. The bottle has to be well shaken before use. It is kinda moisturizing and did not made my face oilier that it already was. It sounds perfect up until now, isn't it? Well one thing I don't like about this sunblock is the one ingredient I ran away from for years: alcohol denat. This ingredient can be irritating and I am not sure if I can blame my new pimples on this product or not, but anyway... The thing with alcohol denat is quite a controverse, so I'm not gonna get into details, but if you have sensitive skin this may not be for you. Overall, I like the light formula of this product, the fact that it's moisturizing yet not leaving my face oily, and I also appreciate the high SPF. What I don't appreciate is the irritating ingredient mentioned above. I'm gonna leave below the full list of ingredients for you.

Important detail: this is a product that has chemical filters.

AQUA / WATER
DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE
ALCOHOL DENAT.
GLYCERIN
DIMETHICONE
ISOHEXADECANE
BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE
OCTOCRYLENE
SILICA
DROMETRIZOLE TRISILOXANE
ISONONYL ISONONANOATE
ZEA MAYS STARCH / CORN STARCH

                                    Have you tried this?
                               ♥
                                          Find me on
                                      Facebook || Twitter || Pinterest  || Tumblr || Instagram || Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comentarii

Leave me your comment